Company: Mettler Toledo
About the Job:
Design and develop engineering systems. Consults with engineering management, higher level designers, production, and sales to establish design concepts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
· Design quality systems using manufacturing procedures within Safeline’s guidelines while maintaining the schedule
· Design systems based on design-function relationships, serviceability, materials and methods engineering, production costs, and client specifications
· Other duties and tasks as assigned
· NO RELOCATION PROVIDED
Primary People Contacts:
Departmental Staff, Sales Reps, Customers
Knowledge, Skills, Attitude:
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
· Attention to detail
· Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities
· Self starter (can work without supervision)
· Ability to consistently meet deadlines
· Experience dealing with all types of people
Prerequisites (Education, Experience):
· Mechanical Engineering Degree preferred or a Technical degree with 2 years experience
· Experience in automated machinery design in a manufacturing environment
· Drafting Skills
· AutoDesk Inventor
· AutoDesk AutoCAD
· Microsoft Office proficient
· Conveyor design experience
METTLER TOLEDO is a global manufacturer and marketer of precision instruments for use in laboratory, industrial and food retailing applications. The Company has strong worldwide leadership positions. A significant majority of our instrument sales are in segments in which we are the global leader. In addition to a broad product offering, we have one of the largest global sales and service organizations among precision instrument companies.
We focus on the high value-added segments of our markets by providing innovative instruments that often integrate various technologies including application-specific solutions for customers. We design our instruments not only to gather valuable data but also to facilitate the processing and transfer of this data into customers’ management information systems.
Mettler-Toledo Safeline is the world leader in industrial metal detection and x-ray equipment offering an excellent compensation package. Company paid benefits include: Health, Life, STD/LTD, and Dental. We also offer 401(k) Plan and Tuition Reimbursement.