Manufacturing Engineer (Supplier)
Description Position Summary: Perform as Supply Chain Manufacturing Engineer directing manufacturing, quality and delivery of Development and Production Components
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Act as focal point for all assigned hardware or projects to assure quality, cost and schedule requirements are met. Create task schedules and lead/direct project team activities. This includes development as well as production hardware.
2. Communicate both internally and externally to keep management, suppliers, customers, and team members informed of activity.
3. Facilitate and actively work to insure all quality documentation (NCR’s, CAR’s, and PAR’s) is correct and completed in a timely manner, consistent with established group goals. Work with Quality System specialist to ensure all quality procedures are being followed by suppliers.
4. Conduct hardware inspections at suppliers to ensure product quality. Actively work with suppliers to resolve quality issues and document results and pending actions.
5. Create internal process routers, inspection plans, rework plans, supplemental acceptance limits, design change requests and other manufacturing support documentation.
6. Work with Master Scheduler and Procurement to ensure hardware delivery requirements are up to date and consistent with business plan. Highlight any major issues to Master Scheduler/Procurement/Management as appropriate.
7. Lead Integrated Product Team (IPT) cost reduction initiatives during product re-development and production
8. Work within the IPT environment to direct efforts for the development of new materials and manufacturing processes to improve hardware acquisition cost, quality of the product, and part durability
9. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: BS degree in Mechanical, Aeronautical or Metallurgical Engineering. Minimum of 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment. IGT experience preferred. Experience at OEM is a plus. Strong communication, decision making, interpersonal, and organizational skills required. Familiarity with turbo machinery, blueprints, and the fundamentals of gas turbine operation and engine assembly. Broad knowledge of mechanical engineering, manufacturing technologies and materials related to mechanical manufacturing of IGT hardware. Strong background working with Design engineering teams. Proficiency in MS Office, Word, Excel, and Project. Travel is required.
Interesting fact: One in four of the world’s light bulbs is powered by ALSTOM. Job Supply Chain Primary LocationUS-FL-Jupiter Organization Thermal Services | Thermal Services Schedule Full-time