NP/ PA – Full-time Float
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Concentra, a subsidiary of Humana Inc., is a national health care company focused on improving America’s health, one patient at a time. The company provides occupational medicine, urgent care, physical therapy, and wellness services from more than 310 medical centers in 40 states. In addition to these medical center locations, Concentra serves employers by providing a broad range of health advisory services and operating more than 250 worksite medical facilities. Through this complement of services, Concentra intends to raise the standard of health by putting individuals first, treating them with clinical excellence, and focusing on their ongoing well-being.
We’re working hard to bring the patient focus back to medicine, and we are seeking colleagues who want to do the same.
For more information, please visit www.concentra.com.
NP/ PA – Full-time Float – Jacksonville, FL
The Physician Assistant will ensure the delivery of exceptional customer service by self and the center colleagues by putting all customers (internal and external) first and displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports physicians and performs tasks traditionally performed by physicians.
- Engages in direct patient care:
- Performs physical, mental status and medical history examinations; makes records of findings subsequently reviewed and countersigned by supervising physician;
- Orders and interprets laboratory studies/examinations to determine treatment, orders medication and other forms of treatment as ordered by the physician;
- Follows patient progress and makes changes in treatment as necessary;
- Applies local anesthetic, examines and cleans wounds, incises and drains abscesses and sutures;
- Performs duties as required by supervising physician.
- Participates in the “on call” program to facilitate after hours and weekend case care.
- Works with Center Medical Director (CMD) to develop, implement and revise policy and helps ensure operations adhere to policy and standards of occupational medicine, Association and Concentra.
- Participates in quality of care process reviews.
- Recommends potential growth for new and/or existing services.
- Helps ensure center’s compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
- Meets with employers to discuss health and safety needs and conducts work place on-site assessments.
- Calls client representatives following employee treatment for initial injury or return to work status.
- Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program.
JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 2 years clinical experience in a primary care specialty and/or occupational medicine
DEMONSTRATED JOB-RELATED SKILLS/COMPETENCIES:
- Working knowledge of laws and regulations governing rehabilitation services
- Working knowledge of worker’s compensation and clinical procedures/processes.
- Working knowledge of diagnoses and treatment of minor trauma and orthopedic injuries.
- Agrees and commits to Concentra’s core practice standards and Policies and Procedures.
- Superior interpersonal communication skills; medical writing skills.
- Superior customer service and “bedside manner” skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment that is dedicated to providing excellent patient care; values all contributions to product and outcome; is not arrogant.
- Displays a professional, approachable and selfless demeanor at all times both to external and internal clients.
- Willingness to learn and continuously improve, to be audited, observed, and reviewed; responds positively to feedback.
- Working knowledge of medical office administration and procedures.
- Critical thinking, deductive reasoning and decision making skills.
- Clinic environment
- Minimal travel
- Work outside of core hours as required
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.